With a focus on current educational trends proclaimed by the Russian Federation’s Strategy for the Digital Economy Development, our university trains highly qualified specialists for the digital construction sector. BIM championships are an important component of such training. This year, the All-Russian BIM Championship of SPbGASU was held on November 23–30.
Six student teams competed in the Championship: the SPbGASU team, joint international team of SPbGASU and South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences – XAMK, and teams representing Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MGSU), Tyumen Industrial University (TIU), Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (NNGASU) and Ural Federal University (UrFU, Yekaterinburg). The participants had to design a pre-school educational institution for 160 places, including developing its information model.
Based on the final results of the competition, the teams were ranked as follows:
- 1st place: SPbGASU (Presentation of the SPbGASU team project)
- 2nd place: NNGASU (Presentation of the NNGASU team project)
- 3rd place: UrFU (Presentation of the UrFU team project)
- 4th place: SPbGASU + ХАМК
- 5th place: TIU
- 6th place: MGSU
The winning team’s members were Lyubov Knyazeva, Viktoria Ostyanko, Kirill Kopylov, Tatyana Obluchinskaya, Diana Bochkova and Valentin Mitrofanov.
The individual awards were distributed as stated below (listed by category):
- 1st place: Lyubov Knyazeva, SPbGASU
- 2nd place: Anastasia Bayova, SPbGASU
- 3rd place: Evgeny Leskov, TIU
- 1st place: Lev Zelenin, UrFU
- 2nd place: Viktoria Ostyanko, SPbGASU
- 3rd place: Maksim Pozdeev, NNGASU
- 1st place: Kirill Kopylov, SPbGASU
- 2nd place: Daniil Mizhgorodsky, UrFU
- 3rd place: Alexei Ruin, NNGASU
- 1st place: Valentin Mitrofanov, SPbGASU
- 2nd place: Maria Shevelyova, UrFU
- 3rd place: Alexander Khomich, TIU
Water supply and sewerage engineer
- 1st place: Tatyana Obluchinskaya, SPbGASU
- 2nd place: Sergey Apitsyn, SPbGASU + ХАМК
- 3rd place: Vasilisa Starodubova, NNGASU
- 1st place: Diana Bochkova, SPbGASU
- 2nd place: Maria Strogaya, NNGASU
- 3rd place: Tatyana Bukarinova, TIU
“This year the competition proved to be a unique experience, despite the fact the BIM Championship was not held for the first time. The deadlines were very tight, and not all the students managed to complete all project sections. Some of the participants coped quite well with preparing cost estimates; others were good at working with information models for the binding of estimated properties. In general, the teams that managed to complete the sections on cost estimates, demonstrated good performance in implementing the task. Although there is still more to learn”, commented Nikolai Samopal, Head of the Information Modeling Products Promotion Department at “Wizardsoft”.
The winners and laureates of the championship were awarded with valuable gifts from partners and organizers of the event.