First notification letter
November 20-22, 2020 SUAI in cooperation with the Institute of Philosophy of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the Saint-Petersburg State Institute of Technology and the Philosophy and Humanities in Informational Society net journal organizes the VIII Philosophy and Culture of the Information Society International Conference.
The Conference aims at researching modern society, aspects of Philosophy, Cultural studies, Social studies, Political studies and Psychology in the information society viewed by philosophical materialism.
We hope to discuss a range of issues such as:
- new views on fundamental problems in Philosophy – existence, development and human – in the era of the information society;
- role of history-based philosophical and cultural traditions when facing the modern society problems;
- development of Philosophy in Russia and China: traditions and interaction;
- Russian Philosophy and the information society problems;
- politics and geopolitics in the information society;
- computers, IT and cybernetics worldview with their influence on social development;
- changes in culture and art of the information society;
- modern problems in development of science and education;
- art in the era of the information society;
- human art and artificial intellect heuristics.
A plenary session, a round table and the following sessions are planned (the list may be altered and filled with participants’ proposals):
- Philosophy in the information society (Head – Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Sergei Orlov, SUAI).
- Russian and Chinese Philosophy: common traditions and differences (Head – Doctor of Economics, Professor Konstantin Losev, SUAI).
- Aesthesis and logos in modern world (Head – PhD, Associate Professor, Igor Zaitsev, SUAI).
- Politics and geopolitics in the information society (Head – Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Social sciences, Professor Boris Isaev, SUAI).
- Interdisciplinary research of culture in the era of the information society (Heads – Doctor of History, Professor Tamara Smirnova, PhD of Cultural sciences, Natalia Vyzhletsova, SUAI).
- Science and Russian Philosophy: human, information, space (Heads – Doctor of Philosophy, Associate Professor Svetlana Korobkova, PhD, Sergei Kolomiytsev, SUAI).
- Modern education: Philosophy, Psychology, Pedagogy (Head - PhD of Pedagogy, Nina Dmitrienko, IFMO).
- Information technologies in modern educational process at university: positive and negative aspects (Head – PhD, Associate Professor, Viktor Bydanov, the Saint-Petersburg State Institute of Technology).
Abstracts and reports will be published and indexed in RSCI. Abstracts shall briefly demonstrate the ideas of the report. The rules to write an abstract:
- The abstract should be up to 1000 symbols including gaps, titles, annotations and information about the author;
- Recommended format: font – Arial, font size – 8 (titles – 10, in capital letters), sheet – A5, side lays – 1,7 cm, top lay – 1,5 cm, bottom lay – 2 cm, break line in the main text – 0,5 cm, information before the text – without a break line, full justification for the main text, hyphenation – on, interval – regular, no shift, indents for lays before and after paragraphs – 0 cm, single line spacing;
- Non-breaking space (Shift+Ctrl+Space) should be used between abbreviations, initials, after numbers in bibliography;
- If images are used, they should be sent separately in *.ai (Adobe Illustrator);
- Each point of bibliography list (apart from electronic sources) should have complete data: ciy, publisher, year, total number of pages;
- Links should be provided in square brackets, quotations should have the page number written (see ex.)
- File names should begin with the authors surname and initials;
- The article must have proper format and be written in good language.
Please, send your applications to participate in the conference and theses before October 10, 2020 to both emails:
- orlov5508 @ rambler.ru – Sergei Orlov;
- kolomiytsev @ yandex.ru – Sergei Kolomiytsev
Application form to the organizing committee of the Conference:
- Title of the report
- Surname, name, patronym
- Academic degree and grade
- Workplace and title
- Email and contact phone
- Do you want to live in our dormitory during the Conference?
- Do you need an official invitation?
- Do you need a certificate of participation?
The articles based on the Conference proceedings may be published before or after the Conference in the Philosophy and Humanities in Informational Society net journal (RSCI, www.fikio.ru, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org), headed by the Deputy President of the organizing committee Sergei Orlov. You can see the instructions on the format of articles here: http://fikio.ru/?page_id=85.
We will send invitations to the participants before October 30, 2020. For non-residents of St.Petersburg the entrance date is November 19, 2020. All non-residents will be provided with a place in our student dormitories or in a hostel, if needed. We would also recommend you staying at the hotel «Россия» (Rossiya), not far from the Conference venue (in this case participants book rooms themselves).
Deputy President of the organizing committee, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Doctor of Economics, Professor Konstantin Losev,
Deputy President of the organizing committee, Professor at the Department of History and Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Sergei Orlov,
Scientific Secretary of the organizing committee, PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of History and Philosophy Sergei Kolomiytsev.