The Saint Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design
The Saint Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design was founded in 1876. Now, it is one of the most famous educational establishments of this kind in Russia.
The Academy has trained a galaxy of talented and successful artists and designers for the manufacturing industry. In search of aesthetic value, these graduates have actively set new trends for architecture and monumental, decorative, and applied arts and design.Saint Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design has enjoyed a long history of su
ccessful international connections. Staff and students have collaborated with institutions of higher learning and creative organizations in Germany, Finland, China, France, Japan, and other countries worldwide.
Currently at the Academy, there are approximately 1500 students and 500 staff members. Students can acquire a higher education in monumental and decorative arts, design, art history, and restoration. The departments of the Academy continue to embrace a long tradition of cooperation. For example, the Department of Industrial Design works side by side with famous Russian companies including the Kamskiy motor vehicle factory (KamAZ), AvtoVAZ, and shipbuilders Almaz and Avrora, LOMO, Svetlana. The Department of Fashion Design has hosted numerous competitions and festivals, of which the largest and most significant is an international contest for young designers, the Charity Foundation «Russian Silhouette».
In addition, the Academy offers the following:
- Museum of applied arts features over 35 000 pieces of applied art and a collection of student works.
- Library has over 140 000 items and a 10 000-item depository of rare books.
- Catering facilities, including a canteen and two cafes.
- Excellent amenities for sports activities, sport facilities, and a gym.
- A student dormitory located at Kuznetsova prospekt 30/9, St. Petersburg.
- During admission exams and preparation courses, applicants can be accommodated in the dormitory.